Hello and welcome to Crafts from the Cwtch (which rhymes with 'butch'). I'm Sarah, a yarn-crafter, freelance designer, occasional spinner and newly converted sewist. I'm mum to two children and a Miniature Schnauzer, and wife to a workaholic. We live in a small village in West Sussex (UK), not too far from the coast, and surrounded by farmland. My studio - the Cwtch - is full of yarn, and many projects in various stages of completion!
In my 'spare' time (ha!) I love to read and doodle, taking photos of flowers, and I'm learning to play the ukulele which I'm not especially good at, but enjoy immensely. I love tea, tulips, stationery and peanut M&Ms, but can't tolerate wheat.
I publish an average of three blog posts each week, which usually include tutorials, patterns, reviews and all sorts of yarn-related talk. Between posts I can also be found on social media including Instagram, Ravelry, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. I am a featured blogger on the inspiration pages of the Scheepjes website (I also design for them) and also curate an Etsy page.
You will find patterns, interviews and articles in various other places including:
- My Designer page on LoveKnitting.com
- My Ravelry store and the summary of my designs
- Wool Warehouse blog (September 2016)
- Simply Crochet #49 - article about the Last Dance on the Beach CAL (September 2016)
- Guest post on 'Look at What I Made' blog (May 2016)
- Why I love knitting: a guest post on Love Knitting blog (February 2016)
- One of '5 Blogs You Need To Read Now' on Deramores blog (January 2016)
- Contribution to a Mollie Makes Blog article (December 2015)
- Interview on Curious Handmade Blog (August 2015)
- Knit Now Magazine - mini interview in Issue 48 (June 2015), pattern and blog recommendation in Issue 50 (August 2015)
- A Playful Day.com - Thoughts on blogging for #LoveYourBlog week (April 2015)
- Deramores Blog Competiton Launch - Trend Prediction (March 2015)
- Clarity Wrap pattern in Let's Knit Magazine issue 80 (June 2014)
- Woman's Weekly Blog (March 2014)
- Simply Knitting issue 115 (January 2014)
- On the loveknitting.com blog, and again
- A Stash Addict blog
- Black Sheep Wools and again
- Plus a lovely recommendation on the Must Stash Podcast !
More interviews and patterns are scheduled for publication in coming months.