Hello and welcome to Crafts from the Cwtch (which rhymes with 'butch'). I'm Sarah, a yarn-crafter, designer, occasional spinner and newly converted sewist. I'm mum to two children and a Miniature Schnauzer, and wife to a workaholic. We live in a small village in West Sussex (UK), not too far from the coast, and surrounded by farmland. My studio - the Cwtch - is full of yarn, and many projects in various stages of completion!
In my 'spare' time (ha!) I love to read and doodle, taking photos of flowers, and I'm learning to play the ukulele which I'm not especially good at, but enjoy immensely. I love (all sorts of) tea, tulips, stationery and peanut M&Ms, but can't tolerate wheat.
I publish an average of three blog posts each week, which usually include tutorials, patterns, reviews and all sorts of yarn-related talk. Between posts I can also be found on social media including Instagram, Ravelry, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. I am a featured blogger on the inspiration pages of the Scheepjes website and also curate an Etsy page.
You will find patterns, interviews and articles in various other places including:
- My Designer page on LoveKnitting.com
- My Ravelry store and the summary of my designs
- Guest post on 'Look at What I Made' blog (May 2016)
- Why I love knitting: a guest post on Love Knitting blog (February 2016)
- One of '5 Blogs You Need To Read Now' on Deramores blog (January 2016)
- Contribution to a Mollie Makes Blog article (December 2015)
- Interview on Curious Handmade Blog (August 2015)
- Knit Now Magazine - mini interview in Issue 48 (June 2015), pattern and blog recommendation in Issue 50 (August 2015)
- A Playful Day.com - Thoughts on blogging for #LoveYourBlog week (April 2015)
- Deramores Blog Competiton Launch - Trend Prediction (March 2015)
- Clarity Wrap pattern in Let's Knit Magazine issue 80 (June 2014)
- Woman's Weekly Blog (March 2014)
- Simply Knitting issue 115 (January 2014)
- On the loveknitting.com blog, and again
- A Stash Addict blog
- Black Sheep Wools and again
- Plus a lovely recommendation on the Must Stash Podcast !
More interviews and patterns are scheduled for publication in coming months.