Looking for a new project to get stuck into this weekend? I've been looking at some of the 700 classes on Creativebug* and compiled a short-list to get you started. They require minimal materials and you might even have some of them in your stash. I know that many regular readers already subscribe but if you haven't tried Creativebug yet, there's a code at the bottom of this post which will give you a month's free trial (find my review of the platform here). Enjoy!
1. Mitered Knitting Pillow with Edie Eckman - this new short class is a perfect stash buster! It includes a downloadable PDF pattern and full instructions, so you'll just need 5mm needles and some worsted weight yarn (substitute with a sturdy DK or an Aran yarn if you're in the UK and don't have any Worsted).
2. Back to School Flight Bag - my friend's sister made this and it's AMAZING! She used a black and white fabric for the main sections, and seriously it was the most 'me' thing I've seen that wasn't mine. I'm not sure my sewing skills are up there yet, but even so I am sorely tempted to give it a whirl!
3. Daily Art Journalling Challenge with Dawn DeVries Sokol. So this one is a daily prompt that's running throughout August, but with a few weeks to catch up on already, that should keep you going until tomorrow's instalment!
4. Three-part Harmony Quilt with Anna Maria Horner. If you've been following my Instagram Live feed, you'll have seen the bag of 'scraps' I bought the other day - I'm thinking of using this pattern to make a small cushion cover with them.
5. Playing with Watercolour. This three-part series taught by Lindsay Stripling looks like a fun way to learn how to mix colours, handle brushes and then move onto more advanced techniques.
That should be enough to keep you busy for a while and I'll see you next week with more Makers' Postcards.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. If you are yet to try Creativebug, click any of the links in this post and use the code SUMMERFUN to get a month's free trial access to all Creativebug content, plus one class to keep forever!