You may recall that I cast on new project while waiting for 'Storm Katie' to arrive. It's a good job I did as seven-hour a power cut meant there wasn't much to do but knit and this little project was fun... until I noticed a problem. Before putting them to soak in Eucalan (to get rid of the 'DPN ridge' you can see there) I took this quick snap, ready to show you my 'finished object':
Do you see what I see? I'm sure you do, but I'm hoping that when they are dry and I wear them on our holiday this weekend, no one else will notice because I don't have the time to reknit one of them before we go. I might have enough yarn left to knit a third one so I will have a matching pair (nothing better than a 'pair and a spare' even if the spare is a little bit different!).
I would blame knitting in the dark, but I can't. I made the first one in broad daylight before writing a chart, and then drew the chart and knitted from that for the second one, but obviously the chart and the first one didn't match - grrrrr!
So I'll type up the pattern for a MATCHING pair, and will post it here when we get back. If you fancy making some which are the same, you'll need three different shades of Scheepjes Merino Soft* - I used one ball each of 613, 635 and 610. This is the same yarn which is in the 'Luxury Kit' for the Last Dance on the Beach crochet-along - you can find a review of the yarn here - so you could always use this as an excuse to fondle the yarn and try out a few different colours. If you have a preference for which should be the 'correct' one, please leave a comment!
(PS. I'm trying to be zen about it, but really can't quite believe quite how stupid this was.)