The weather in these parts has been bleak and grey for far too long. So with the daffodils about to bloom and some sunshine (finally) at the window, I find myself thinking about the changing seasons and decorating the house with some cheer. Spring is such a wonderful season - it'll be a welcome relief to see signs of new life and some colour after the long wet winter, during which I took to pinning pretty Spring craft ideas. Today I'd like to share 5 of my favourites, which all happen to involve eggs - the timeless symbol of new life and fresh beginnings.
1. Wouldn't it be delightful to get a little note in a hand painted egg? This great picture tutorial comes from The Meta Picture. (If you like it, you may also want to take a look at this fabulous eggshell garden.)
2. This adorable mantle or table decor from Delish would also look great presented in an open egg box.
3. Martha Stewart's Decoupage Eggs made with paper napkins could also be combined with the note or the flowers above.
4. I discovered the beautiful blog Pieces of Me from this 'Easter Decor collage' I came across on Pinterest - the blog is most definitely worth a look at for lots of other lovely things too.
5. If you're too heavy-handed for crafting with real eggs, or if yarn is much more your thing, you might like to try making this Sparrow's Nest from the Purl Bee, another lovely free pattern.
If you'd like to see more of the inspirational links and ideas I've been collecting, pop over to my Spring board - I add new things to Pinterest almost every day.