My Year of Projects list is split into two parts (a) specific projects, and (b) stash busting. Last week's post refocussed me and this week I got to work. Betty/Bertie Bunny's penultimate limb is now done - just one more leg to go before I can sew it all up. That's just a couple of hours needed to get the rabbit finished...but the rabbit is 'stealth' knitting, so it's currently hiding in a bag. Progress, none-the-less. (I took a photo and posted it to Instagram, but apparently it looked like something ENTIRELY different, so I'm not showing you here - if you're curious, you can go find it.)
On Wednesday, Little Miss was under the weather and we stayed indoors. I took out the yarn left over from my Cwtchy Cable Armwarmers and made myself a quick and Simple Crochet Beret - one of my list items AND from stashed yarn. I originally chose to knit with this yarn for it's stich definition, texture and overall appearance. I found it even more lovely to crochet. I used a Clover hook and found the yarn would glide over it very smoothly making this work up in no time at all - literally a couple of hours despite also intermittently cuddling a child. After crocheting the Hello Kitty hat last weekend with horrid acrylic yarn, it was nice to work with this again....
...and I'm very pleased with the final result. I love that it matches the armwarmers, but I'm still not quite sure how to wear it....
YARN: Rowan Creative Focus Worsted, colour 401
HOOK: Clover Soft Touch 6mm
This week I'd like to crack on with another (non-YoP) WIP, so I'm not sure when I'll be back with the next update. You can catch up with everyone else's posts on the Ravelry group. Happy crafting, ladies!