KCWC 2011 day 1: A dress (almost!)

I did it!  With the help of an existing dress, a sharpie, the charity shop pillow case and a bit of bodging, I made a dress.... almost. Well, I DID make the dress, but I have no bias binding for the armholes so I need to get some tomorrow to finish it off. 

Here it is with the strap fronts pinned on so I can get to the armholes easily tomorrow. Sadly, the colour variation is very noticeable but it will be fine for the garden.

It took me closer to two hours from start to finish but I did have interruptions. (It actually felt like I was creating a masterpiece as theatrical music was booming from D's Edit Suite upstairs where he's working on Superman Requiem.) 

I didn't really follow any single pattern - it's an amalgam of the tutes I read yesterday. I really enjoyed making (bodging) it and if I had the correct materials I'm sure it would have been done in no time. Looking forward to tomorrow -  the plan is to finish this off and try something else with these meagre bits and pieces...

If you're taking part in the Challenge, please feel free to link to your items - I'd love to have a look and get more inspiration :)

Post a Comment

The blog is on an extended break (you can read about it in the latest post) - due to the high volume of spam, commenting will be closed for all posts at the end of 2017. Thank you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.


The free patterns and tutorials on this site are provided for unlimited personal use. You may print a copy of a pattern or keep a digital copy for personal use only. Please feel free to share links to the relevant posts but do not reproduce or sell any of these patterns (either digitally or in print). If you would like to use any of my images, please get in touch!

Yarn sellers: Please do not print patterns/tutorials to distribute with yarn sales, as this is an infringement of copyright.

Latest Instagrams

© Crafts from the Cwtch. Design by Fearne.